Who are these programmes for?
Simple Steps to Freedom
Choose a programme and a time that suits you from our timetable. Each programme consists of 7 modules which you'll work through on a weekly basis.
Once you've had your first appointment you'll have 12 months to complete your chosen course and each week you'll build on the previous module.
As you work through the programme you'll begin to know what your body and mind are going through, why you feel as you do and understand that you're not "going crazy".
I will be with you every step of the way, using my 25+ years of experience working with women and children to help guide and support you as you develop.
My work is based on years of experience in the Violence Against Women and Girls field and, more recently in Criminal Justice, listening to and observing people’s journey’s over the past 25+ years. I began Inshiraa as I could no longer offer my work one on one, there were just too many people needing the services I provide in domestic violence and trauma recovery.
I am NOT a doctor, I am NOT a lawyer, I am NOT a therapist/psychologist/psychiatrist.
For medical or legal assistance you MUST contact your doctor or find a lawyer.
- What Domestic Violence is and who can be a Domestic Violence Perpetrator
- The impact of your belief system and why you respond the way you do
- Understand the role of Patriarchy, Culture, Religion and Self-Imposed Control in your life
- Understanding of the Power and Control Wheel and how it applies in relation to religion and cultural practices
- The role of agencies, what to expect and what you’re entitled to
- Journey through the Criminal Justice System
- What PTSD is and what causes it
- Common reactions and physiology
- Triggers, safety and avoidance behaviours
- Subjective Units of Distress and your Personal Anxiety Hierarchy
- A wide range of proven to work coping mechanisms
- Emotional Numbing
- Anger Management, passive, aggressive and assertive concepts
- The PTSD Triangle
- Common thinking errors
- Boosting your confidence and self-esteem
- Relapse, recovery and resilience
- The Freedom Programme will take you through a journey of exploration of behaviours and tactics used by perpetrators
- You will learn the different tactics they use when they control you
- You will learn how power and control shows itself in abusive relationships
- You will begin to understand how children are impacted by living in an abusive situation
- You will learn by sharing your experiences, if you want to, and hear other people's experiences
- You will be supported throughout the 12 week programme